top of page

Proper Etiquette for Addressing Your Wedding Invitations

Tips for Properly Addressing Wedding Invitations ✉️

When it comes to formal wedding invitations, addressing them correctly is crucial. Here's a guide with added details and etiquette:

For a married couple:

- Use "Mr. and Mrs. John Smith" or "The Smith Family" to encompass both partners.

For a single person:

- Address as "Mr. John Smith" or "Miss Emily Johnson" accordingly.

For an unmarried couple living together:

- Mention both individuals, e.g., "Mr. John Smith and Miss Emily Johnson."

For divorced or separated parents:

- Address individually, like "Mr. John Smith" and "Mrs. Emily Johnson."

For a widowed person:

- Respect their preference, using "Mrs. Emily Johnson" with the late spouse's last name or "Mrs. Emily Thompson" if reverted to maiden name.

Addressing couples with children:

- Under 18: "Mr. and Mrs. John Smith and Family."

- Over 18: "Mr. and Mrs. John Smith, Mr. James Smith, and Miss Emily Smith."

Remember, it's crucial to use the titles and names preferred by the recipients. When in doubt, it's always better to ask directly or consult a close family member or friend.

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page